Monday, December 21, 2015

Making a Star Wars hack for Savage Worlds


So of course, with The Force Awakens out I'm thinking of running some Star Wars. Though it may be tempting to outlaw Jedi knights from the game because the lightsaber alone is kind of an "I win" button, I'm fully aware Jedi are part of the appeal and I'd be taking away what makes it Star Wars.
From a Clint Black advice, I decided to take a look at the Super Powers Companion. SWD stats a lightsaber at Str+d6+8 AP 12. Ok cool.

Now let's take a look at the "Attack, Melee" power. 

  • Armor piercing mod. It costs 6 points to give it AP 12. 
  • Lethal mod removes one point so we're at a 5 pts cost so far.

Now with the actual damage. It's 2 pts per level, each level is +1d6 damage. So 2 more points for the d6. The +8 damage has got me baffled though. How many more level do you think this represents?

And here's another question. If you were playing in a game and someone other than you played the Jedi, would you feel your character isn't as cool as a Jedi because of lack of lightsaber? Would you want to be compensated for that disparity?
Okay, that was two questions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment