Thursday, April 14, 2016

Online Table top RPGs just aren't the same

Ever since I started being involved heavily into running and playing table top RPGs online I come across comments on social media such as "I prefer the real thing".

Now I have no interest in starting a debate here. I could tell you how it enables people living in remote areas to play, for old groups to be reunited once again because they have since moved away from each other. I know because I've heard many testimonies. I've had people tell me.

But this isn't about me.

Last week we held FG Con 8. It's an online rpg convention using the Fantasy Grounds platform. A whole weekend of games with hundreds of gamers participated in this event. We're always happy to hear people had a great time. One particular feedback from my friend +Perry Chalmers particularly moved me.

I'd like you to take a few minutes of your day to read what he had to say about his experience last weekend.

Here's Perry's blog.

No, online table top RPGs just aren't the same...

For someone like Perry, it's the only way to experience this wonderful hobby right now.

I'm glad you had fun Perry.

No comments:

Post a Comment